Sunday, May 1, 2016

May 1, 2016

Dear Sister Bain:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the New York New York North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, June 22, 2016. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language.

---

I think about March 12th, 2016 every day. The day I received my mission call was one of the most exciting days I've experienced! Whenever I look back on that day it's hard to describe what I felt. I was happy, excited, nervous, overwhelmed, anxious, scared...but despite all those crazy emotions, I also felt peace. I knew that my Heavenly Father needed me in the mission field. My decision to serve was very personal- as it should be. I wasn't that person that wanted to serve a mission my whole life. I was quite the opposite- I never thought I would ever have a mission call of my own. I was the one that didn't think a mission was for me. But since my Junior year, my love for the gospel has grown more than I could have imagined. I've gained a greater relationship with my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ and as I've gained a greater understanding of God's plan, I realized how selfish it would be to not share the gospel of Jesus Christ. But as much as I want others to have the blessings of the gospel, I think a lot of the reasons I want to serve a mission are to make ME better. I want to strengthen myself by inviting others to know our Savior Jesus Christ. My emotions are still all over the place, but I do know that New York is where I'm needed. I know that there are people in New York who are prepared to hear the gospel. I know that there are people in New York that I need in my life and I am so humbled by this opportunity. I still get scared sometimes and it's all very overwhelming, but I'm grateful for the knowledge that I have that my Savior Jesus Christ will be with me everywhere I go- no matter what.

---

D&C 45:62
"For verily I say unto you, that great things await you;"



I am so very grateful and so very blessed.

Love always,
Sister Bain



















No comments:

Post a Comment