Thursday, July 7, 2016

2016 07-07

Another good week here at the MTC. My spiritual and physical muscles are exhausted and I'm sick of all my clothes. I just want to wear my pajamas all the time. It's already P-day again which means I leave for New York in 4 days! Time has gone by so fast! Thank you all for your cute emails, thoughtful letters, and wonderful packages! Those Krispy Kreme donuts made a lot of missionaries (especially me) very, very happy!! THANK YOU!!

Before I say anything else, tell Ember Hardcastle CONGRATS on her engagement! I CRIED WHEN MAKAIL SENT ME A PICTURE. I am so happy for her!! Tell James I say congrats too (Yes, I know his name is Jeremy but I will always think his name is James.) Happy wedding season!;) Everyone send me pictures and keep me updated!!


I hosted the new missionaries yesterday. It brought back memories of when I was ripped away from my family. haha Kidding. But not really. It was crazy to see how many missionaries are willing to serve! The MTC has over 2,000 missionaries right now! God is hastening His work!

4 DAYS UNTIL NEW YORK CITY. I got my travel itinerary last Friday! I'm scheduled to leave the MTC on Monday July 11th at 3:30 in the morning! I've also been asked to be the travel leader-- I'm in charge of making sure all 22 New York New York North missionaries here at the MTC make it to the Big City in one piece! I don't know who thought that putting me in charge was a good idea...but it's fine. Pray we travel safely and that I don't have to call Church Travel having to report any problems!

Thinking about leaving my district makes me real sad so we don't ever talk about it. These elders are incredible. Their love for the gospel is inspiring. The other sisters in my district are some of my best friends. I've come to love these missionaries-- they're my family here at the MTC. I am so grateful. There are 4 elders and 2 sisters that are going to the Chicago West mission and then the rest of us (6 missionaries) are going to New York. I'm sure going to miss those Chicago missionaries.

Something I won't miss about the MTC is all the Seagull Book outfits that I see every day hahaha I die a little bit inside every time I see something from Seagull Book but it's also funny because I think of Sharon, Heidi, Candace, and Cathy every time-- good times....

I'm teaching Relief Society on Sunday about baptism and the Holy Ghost so pray for me, okay! Sister Hess doesn't have to teach so that's lame. I just have to teach BY MYSELF! :(

Sister Hess and I are teaching Sophia here at the MTC and she's so awesome! Sister H and I taught her the Restoration the other day and it was POWERFUL. It was like that scene in The Best Two Years when Elder Rogers realizes why he's on his mission. I had Sophia read Joseph Smith History 1: 16-17 and she started crying while she read it. I asked if she would share with me why she was crying and she said "I know this is true. I feel it right now." IT WAS SO COOL. She's also meeting with missionaries outside the MTC and she's getting baptized! Teaching someone about the Restoration for the first time is such a cool experience. I realized how important it was for me to be here and how much I need this mission. I love testifying of Jesus Christ!

On Saturday, we went to the MTC International Celebration of Freedom. It was a super cool devotional and then after we got to watch the fireworks that the Stadium of Fire was doing! I LOVE FIREWORKS. I hope all of you had a fun 4th of July!

Everyone in my district thinks Makail and I are twins. I have a cute picture (okay actually a lot of pictures) of us on my tablet that I basically show everyone because she's so cute, but everyone always asks me how my "twin" is doing hahaha we're pretty much the same person anyway so we might as well call ourselves twins!:) The first time I showed my district our family picture, everyone asked me if Jacob, Grant, and Bryson were triplets. hahaha

I hope Jacob is enjoying my room/queen size bed. (I love him.) Send me pictures of him with braces!

Something I'm grateful for this week is THE ATONEMENT. I've learned a lot about my Savior's sacrifice for me this week. I was reading Alma 7 during my personal study and verses 11-13 talk about the Atonement and all that the Savior suffered. In verse 12, it says "he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities." The word "succor" means "run to". So when you reread that verse, it says "he may know according to the flesh how to RUN TO his people according to their infirmities." When we're hurt, the Savior will literally run to us. There is power in the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I've thought this week about all the times the Savior has run to me. He runs to me and succors me thousands of times every day. And I know He does that for YOU too! I know our Savior lives. I know He suffered in the Garden because He loves us. He was obedient to His Father's will and I know that obedience really does bring blessings. I know the Atonement covers more than just sin. I know that through the Atonement we can be healed. I'VE FELT IT. There are trials that I've been through that have made me bitter and angry, but this week, I've started to heal. I feel the love of my Savior Jesus Christ and I feel His love for those other people that have caused pain in my life. The Atonement is a beautiful thing. I can't comprehend it and I don't know everything about it, but I know that it's real and that it's powerful. I know that we can change through the Atonement of Jesus Christ and I know that through our Savior's sacrifice we can feel real peace. I am so grateful for the Atonement!

I'm grateful for the time I've had to learn and grow here in the MTC. I'm nervous to go to New York because I've made the MTC my comfort zone-- and it's scary to leave that. But I'm excited to share the gospel with those in New York and I'm excited to continue to learn and grow. THANK YOU for all the love, support, and prayers. I can feel it! I pray for you every day!

Tell Melissa Jones that I see her niece Hermana Romero all the time:)

NEXT P-DAY: NEW YORK.
P-day is on Wednesday in New York!

I love you!!
Love always,
Sister Bain

MOSIAH 4:9

Go watch "Because He Lives" on LDS.org (I. Cry. Every.Time.)

  • Sister Hess and I on our Sunday Temple walk :)

  • Sunday Temple walk: Provo, UT Temple. 
  • There are pineapples on my shirt but you can't tell so that's a huge bummer. 

  • Makail and Keauna at the MTC

Keauna and Makail's name tags

  • New York New York North Missionaries: (left to right) 
  • Elder Murray, Elder Bradley, Sister Hess, Me, Elder Smiley, and Elder Norton
  • KRISPY KREME SAVED ME. THANK YOU.



No comments:

Post a Comment