Wednesday, August 9, 2017

2017 08/09 "I needed someone like Anne"

HELLO! 🌴

Thank you all for the prayers. I love you all so much. Seriously. Also, this week I found out that Uncle Dean's old home teaching companion from Tempe, AZ is in my YSA ward and he's dating one of my very favorite members! (His name is Nikita Turley or something like that...?) 😂

It's super hard for me to introduce Sister Horton as my companion because I'm from Utah and don't pronounce my "T"s......😂 awkward. So I just say "this is my new companion!" And let her do the rest 😂 it's fine.

I bet Grant is the cutest priesthood holder 😍 I am so happy for him!! Anne is doing well. THANK YOU SO MUCH for praying for her. She has opened up so much since becoming a member of the church. She has already helped SO many people! I often think about why Heavenly Father has called me to serve in Harlem and I know one of reasons is because I needed someone like Anne in my life. She has such a loving heart and a sweet spirit. I WILL GO ALL THE WAY TO KENYA IF I HAVE TO WHEN SHE GETS SEALED TO HER FAMILY. Also! She's a wonderful friend to our investigator, Madeleine, who has accepted a baptismal date of September 9th! Anne came to our lesson with her and she was the one that extended the baptismal invitation hahaha Madeleine is also from Africa so they LOVE talking about home with eachother. I LOVE THESE PEOPLE.

Miracle of the week: when we were at church a lady named Genivive came up to us and said that she met missionaries in Ghana and she wanted to join the church hahahahaha WHAT? We met with her after church and we have another appointment with her on Friday! SHE LITERALLY JUST WALKED IN AND WANTED A BOOK OF MORMON AND STAYED FOR ALL 3 HOURS OF CHURCH.

I'm not really sure what to write about this week, so here's a list of things I'm grateful for:
The Book of Mormon
Sister Horton
Avocados
Air conditioned trains
Agency
Sunflowers
Potstickers (I haven't had any recently but I'm craving them so....)
Clorox wipes
Clean sheets
The bus
The spirit
My name tag
MY FAMILY
Ice water
Bottled water
Cold water
Hot water
Free water
The Priesthood
The sacrament
The hymnbook
Piano music
Most of all, I'm grateful for the opportunity to be in New York City and teach people about Jesus Christ. It's brought so many wonderful people and experiences into my life 💕💕💕 
Love you forever!!

Sister Bain 🍍

Ps. Sorry I am so lame and boring, I literally have no idea what to write about any more 😂😂 but I still love you!! 





1 comment: