Wednesday, August 16, 2017

2017 08/15 "What do YOU know to be true?"

Hey y'all!

I hope you're having a good time getting back into the school stuff. JACOB IS GOING TO JORDAN HIGH SCHOOL??? What the what. He's not supposed to be that old.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Uncle Jim on Monday! I hope he had a fun day.

It's so weird to think that both Keith and Kevin are home.

AND BRANDON LEAVES NEXT WEEK!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHH. I AM SO EXCITED FOR HIM! Is he going to the Mexico MTC??? I am so so excited for him.

President Nelson, Bishop Waddell, and Elder Gong are coming to the NYNYN mission in September! We are so spoiled here in NYC. Seriously.

Today, I just want you to know that I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father and that He knows me and loves me. The Plan of Salvation is a plan of happiness and I know that as we do the small and simple things here on earth that we will find true joy in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that because God loves me He's given me all the tools that I need to return to Him. That's my ultimate goal! To return to my Heavenly Father with my family. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet and that he's the prophet of the Restoration. I know that he saw and talked with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that because he saw Them, he was given the ability and power to translate the Book of Mormon. If you're not reading the Book of Mormon every day, please do so. It will change your life and you will come to know the Savior through the Book of Mormon. I KNOW THAT JESUS CHRIST LIVES. I know that He is my Savior and my Redeemer. His Atonement and His love have changed my life and have given me so much hope and strength. I hope that as you go throughout this week you'll think of your own personal testimony. What do YOU know to be true?
As a mission, we are studying the Atonement and reading the Book of Mormon together. I read Matthew 26-28 this morning and I felt a deep love and appreciation for my Savior. Something that stuck out to me was in Matthew 26:63 when it says "But Jesus held his peace". Jesus Christ went through all these horrible things and endured so much, yet He didn't complain. He didn't whine. He didn't say anything. He went through all that He did out of love for me and for you and for the love that He has for our Heavenly Father. I know He lives and that brings me so much joy.
"He lives to grant me rich supply.
He lives to guide me with his eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my soul’s complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart."
What are you going to do this week to build your faith and increase your love and appreciation for the Savior?

I love you all and hope you have the best week ever.
Love always,
Sister Bain🍍


“Our focus must be riveted on the Savior and His gospel. It is mentally rigorous to strive to look unto Him in every thought. But when we do, our doubts and fears flee.” - President Nelson

"What are you Grateful for?"

Sidewalk chalk




No comments:

Post a Comment