Wednesday, November 8, 2017

2017 11/08 "My heart is filled to the top with gratitude and all the good feelings"

Hey fam
This was a good week. My heart is filled to the top with gratitude and all the good feelings 💕

We had zone conference on Thursday which was really special. We learned about how obedience fuels our faith and as we are obedient we will have the spirit with us. As I was sitting at zone conference I reflected a lot on the many spiritual experiences I've been blessed with on my mission. I'm grateful for all that the spirit has taught me

At zone conference, President Smith reminded us that in order to go to the temple with a recent convert, we have to help them do family history so they can do their own family name, they have to have a member with them, and only 2 missionaries can go. We planned to take Anne to the temple next weekend to be baptized for her grandma, but on Friday, our Bishop told us that Anne was going to the temple on SATURDAY- the next day. I was soooooooo sad. Bishop sensed my disappointment and asked if we had other plans with the temple and I told him we were hoping to go with her so we wanted to go next weekend. He pulled out his phone, called President Smith and said "Hey, President. I have Sister Bain here with me and she's my favorite sister missionary. I messed up and scheduled a time for Anne to go to the temple and didn't ask first, but Sister Bain is going to go to the temple with Anne tomorrow. Just so you know." 😂 They talked for a little while, but long story short- I had the privilege of going to the temple with Anne for the first time. What a blessing. 💛 Bishop is a true friend- so grateful for him.

Speaking of Anne (because I can't stop talking about her), she bore her testimony in sacrament meeting on Sunday!!!!! AND SHE QUOTED A SCRIPTURE FROM THE BOOK OF MORMON. She quoted 2 Nephi 31:20 and talked about the need to "press forward" 💕 I AM STILL CRYING ABOUT IT. She talked a lot about how God loves each of us and that He loves us more than we realize. As she spoke, I felt so much love for the Harlem 1st Ward, my 2 companions, the sisters we live with and the people we teach. It was an interesting experience to feel so much love for so many different people.

We crossed the NYC Marathon 2 times just to get to church. It was a nightmare. Hahaha
We just got done with the temple and it was WONDERFUL. I love the temple so so much.
I hope you all have a good week! I probs forget to tell you a TON of stuff.
But, I'll see ya soon and tell you in person 😉

I love you!!!!
Love always,
Sister Bain 🍍



No comments:

Post a Comment