Wednesday, August 3, 2016

2016 08-02 Knee Brace

HI HAPPY AUGUST! I can't believe that it's already August. Time goes by so so fast. I'm glad you all had fun at the lake! It looks like Bryson had a good time sleeping on the beach HAHAHA I miss my boys. Give them lots of hugs for me. Hopefully their glasses and braces got fixed! The Bains can never go on vacation without glasses getting broken :-)

Side note: WHO MOVED INTO THE GRAF'S HOUSE??? Have you made them "Welcome to the Neighborhood" cookies yet? (MISSIONARY OPPORTUNITY)

This week has been so good. I love Connecticut. (A WHOLE LOT.) The members here are wonderful. Sister Cespedes fed us FISH last week so that was oh so nice of her. I'm getting use to this fish thing though so NO WORRIES. I just miss mom's cooking ya know? We had dinner with the Jones's the other day. They're a young couple in the ward who just moved here and THEY'RE AGGIES! Brother Jones went to Alta and his parents live down the street from us! (By Storm Mountain park I think??) Anyway, it's fun to talk to people who are from Utah. Sister Jones doesn't like the water here either so we're going to be real good friends. Also, our ward mission leader's wife is a Beetdigger! #GoDiggers

I got to go on splits with Hermana Day on Friday! It was super fun because I knew Herm. Day before the mission! We spent the day in Stamford and I WISH I COULD SPEAK SPANISH. I also got to drive the car so that was stressful. Imagine driving in Utah County BUT WORSE...and that's Connecticut. Drivers here are nuts. But all is well and both Hermana Day and I survived :-)

We had splits again on Saturday with the Stamford English sisters who live in the same apartment as us. I had a good time with Sister Horton. She's from San Diego and she's so so awesome. We got to go to lunch with Hermana Vidol from Sister Horton's ward and she told me I need to learn Korean before Spanish hahaha love her. She made us tacos which was the best ever. Barriga llena, corazon contento! :-) (I'm basically fluent.) She was telling us all about her mission in Mexico and how she wishes every day that she could go back and be a missionary. I was thinking about everything she was saying and I realized that Connecticut has become sacred to me. The people here and the spirit here will always be a very special to me. Sister Horton and I went to the projects and we had a lesson with a lady named Mamushka. She's from Haiti and doesn't speak a ton of English so a translator from the Stamford ward came with us! My first translator lesson! It was a cool experience. The Spirit knows all the languages. I had a good time with Sister Horton! :-)

There's been a lot of excitment about the new Hartford Temple that's being built! The members here are STOKED for this new temple. Being from Utah, we can drive 20 minutes in any direction and find a temple. But here, the members have to drive all the way into the city to go and pay $45 for parking each time. We also have a lot of investigators who want to go to the open house so President is trying to find a way for Sister Sam and I to go with them!

BRIDGETTE IS GETTING BAPTIZED THIS WEEKEND! Yay! She's golden and I love her so much. She's so prepared! She texts us all the time and tells us how excited she is to be an official member of the church. Her baptism is this Saturday August 6th and we are PUMPED. Pray for Bridgette the next couple of days! :-)

MONICA CAME TO CHURCH! She's been having a hard time lately, but she came to church on Sunday and said that she felt a peace that she hasn't been able to feel for a very long time. She brought her two little girls who loved everything about primary. I feel really good about Monica. She's looking for peace and she was able to find it on Sunday.

I hurt my knee last week and I'm not really sure how. I saw the doc and he gave me this annoying knee brace that I have to wear every day. I'm not a huge fan of that, but it makes my knee feel better! The doctor told me that I hyper extended my patellae tendon or something like that??? I don't know, but Sister Sam is making sure I take my medicine and wear my brace! My companion rocks #companiongoals I'll be good as new in no time! :-)

There's a famous concert pianist in our ward who invited us over on Sunday for a private concert with some of her neighbors who aren't members. Sister Sam was basically in tears driving there because she was so excited. Sister Sam is a piano performance major at BYU so she was super pumped for a private concert by Yoshi Yakumoto. It was a good time. I miss playing the piano all the time!
Tell Makail that a lot of people here have Cutco knives hahaha mostly because they're all super rich so they can afford them. She should have come here to Connecticut to work for Cutco hahaha :-)
SUNDAYS. I love love love love love love love love love love love Sundays. Especially as a missionary. This Sunday was particularly good because last week President challenged us to think of only Jesus Christ during the sacrament. Sadly, it's a lot harder than you think. There are SO many distractions. This past Sunday I really worked hard to remember my Savior Jesus Christ while the Sacrament was being passed. I was thinking about His life and all that He did. I heard a quote the other day that really hit me "Jesus Christ died in front of the love of Mary and the hate of the world." Our constant challenge is to be as Mary- kneeling at the feet of the Savior and despite the hate of the world, she never forgot who the Savior was and what He did.  Never forget who the Savior is. So, my challenge to you this week is to direct all your thoughts to the Savior during the Sacrament and see how big of a difference it makes in your day and in your week.

One last thought- USE TECHNOLOGY TO SHARE THE GOSPEL. We had Zone Conference last Wednesday (which is why our P-day was changed) and it was all about how we need to use Facebook more as missionaries. We are one of 12 missions in the world that has the chance to use Facebook. SO WE NEED TO USE IT. It's a tool our Heavenly Father has given us to further the work. We have the opportunity to let every person in the world know of Jesus Christ through our technology. So, share your testimony or something gospel related on social media sometime this week. Let's flood the world with goodness! :-)

To answer dad's questions: I can leave my area for P-day, we go into Stamford a lot to play games with our zone! :-) also, I can't access my blog here.

Well that's it from me for this week. I'm sure there were a million more things I wanted to tell you about, but that's okay.

I am well and I love being a missionary.

I LOVE YOU!!
Love always,
Sister Bain


President Thomas S. Monson:
“To those within the sound of my voice who are struggling with challenges and difficulties large and small, prayer is the provider of spiritual strength; it is the passport to peace. Prayer is the means by which we approach our Father in Heaven, who loves us. Speak to Him in prayer and then listen for the answer. Miracles are wrought through prayer”


Hermana Day

Stamford

My dumb knee brace that I hate but it's fine

No comments:

Post a Comment