Thursday, August 18, 2016

2016 08-17 "My weekly appointment"

Happy Wednesday!!
I'm so excited for the boys and Kell to start school! Don't forget to send me "first day of school" pictures! Summer went by so fast! How is it already the 17th of August???

We have fun on P-days. We play Frisbee as a zone in Stamford most times, but we also have a lot of other things we have to get done on Wednesdays. There aren't a ton of things to do here in Connecticut for P-day, but we make it work :-)

We didn't get fed fish this week so that's good. Who knows...maybe I'll like salmon when I get home?? (Probably not though so don't get your hopes up)

Having a companion.  Companions are nice. It's weird having someone with you 24/7, but there are a lot of blessings that come from having a companion.  Sister Sam is wonderful. She's helping me learn and grow and I'm very grateful for her. Sometimes I dislike having a companion, but we have a good time together :-)

I'm super jealous you got to go to the temple! I miss going to the temple! The members here don't go a lot because it takes so long to get to the city. But I know blessings come when we make the temple a priority. Bridgette, who got baptized at the beginning of this month, wants to go do baptisms soon so Sister Sam and I will be able to go to Manhattan with her when she goes for the first time! Temple blessings are real!!

My knee is all better! I don't need to wear that annoying brace anymore which is super awesome. Thanks for the prayers! :-)

The other day someone asked me where my ancestors are from and without even thinking about it I said "They're from Norway!" And the look the lady gave me was so funny because she was way confused. Good times.

There are two things I've been thinking about a lot this week. One is The Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  We've taught that lesson a lot this past week and I. LOVE. IT. The Restoration is such a special message that we have and I'm still waiting for the day when I can say the first vision without crying. Joseph Smith saw our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. I wasn't there, but I know that he did! :-) The experience that Joseph Smith had was truly a miracle. I know he was and is a Prophet called of God to restore the church in its fullness on the earth. Go share your testimony of Joseph Smith and modern day prophets sometime this week! :-) there's power in everyone's testimony.

The other thing I've been thinking about this week is the sacrament. Our lesson in Relief Society was also about the sacrament :-) the sister giving the lesson said a lot of things about the sacrament that I didn't agree with so it made me really think about how I view the sacrament. I think about the sacrament as my weekly appointment with God.  How would we act if we went into the chapel to meet with our Heavenly Father? How would we dress? What would our mindset be like? Would we be there early? The sacrament is 15 minutes out of our week to focus 100% on our Savior Jesus Christ and "commune with our Father in Heaven." I think the sacrament can be our own sacred grove experience. The sacrament has become a lot more special to me as a missionary. It's my time to focus on my own personal relationship with my Heavenly Father. So, for your next appointment with Heavenly Father on Sunday morning, maybe be a little early.  Listen to the prelude music. Prepare yourself throughout the week to worthily partake of the sacrament. Make the sacrament a special time every week

I think that's it from Sister Bain this week. Monica is still on date for baptism and we are praying with Oliver to choose a date for baptism! The work really is moving forward and I feel so blessed to be a part of it.
I hope you all have a fun last few days of summer vacation! Let me know how the first day of school goes!!
I love you so much!!
Do all things with kindness
Love always,
Sister Bain

---
3rd Nephi 19:26
"And Jesus said unto them: Pray on."

Me and my Trainer - Sister Sam

INDIAN food. So Good

Visiting Westport

No comments:

Post a Comment