Wednesday, October 26, 2016

2016 10/26 "Holy smokes. Church is so good and everyone should go to church"

Dear Mom and Dad,
CAN YOU BELIEVE YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER SON??? MAKAIL IS GETTING MARRIED WOOT WOOT YAY HOORAY I'M SO HAPPY AND EXCITED AND FILLED TO THE TOP WITH INCOMPREHENSIBLE JOY WOW OH WOW.
(Is "incomprehensible" a word? I read it in the Book of Mormon today so I'm guessing it's a real word but you never know....) Anyway. I'm stoked to have a brother-in-law in case you couldn't tell #BainTrainForever

I am so happy that Grant got to go to the Goldfish store. My heart was so happy to see his huge smile haha!! I LOVE THAT!! I hope you all had fun in Logan!

You'll have to tell me how all the band concerts go tonight!! Tell the boys "good luck!!" for me!! I'm so excited for them!!

There's am article in the most recent Ensign called "Tutored by the Lord". You should check it out-- it was written by the new Yorktown stake Relief Society president!! (I'm serving in the Yorktown Stake right now and I met her and she hugged me so I'm bascially famous).

We had Stake Conference on Sunday which was sooooooooooo awesome. Holy smokes. Church is so good and everyone should go to church. We talked about the blessings that come from the temple. I KNOW TEMPLE BLESSINGS ARE REAL!! The Hartford Temple open house was so successful! There were more than 50,000 people that went through. HOW COOL. Go to the temple as often as you can!! Utah is so blessed with so many!! :-)

This week has been so good! Miracles are fun. Yesterday I went on a split with Hermana Derzon. She is such an incredible missionary and really just an all around wonderful human being. I love her so much. So! Yesterday morning, we had an appointment with a less-active and we had gotten there a little late because we got lost  (oops. Dumb GPS....) We had met with this less-active before (please don't ask me how I got lost even though I had been there before) and we knew that she talks FOREVER. I was a little worried because we had another appointment with a member at 11:30. Ahhhhhhhhhh time crunch! But we met with Sister Macia and had a wonderful lesson about the Book of Mormon  (are you reading every day???) I looked at my watch and it was almost noon!! (I'm really not a horrible missionary okay I promise we repented) so we called our next appointment, Sister Velmani, to tell her we were running late (obviously.) But! She didn't answer so we were kinda freaking out. We decided to pray and Hermana Derzon said "Please help us feel and know if we should go to Sister Velmani's house anyway." And as soon as she said that, the thought "Sister Bain, go now!" came to my head. It surprised me a little because it was so sudden and direct but I looked at Hermana Derzon and she said "we gotta go now!" We got to Sister Velmani's and we knocked 4 times and she didn't answer. So we called her again and she finally answered! We told her we were outside her front door to visit her and we could hear her running to meet us. She opened the door and was so excited that we were there and she just burst into tears. She said that she had been crying all morning because Satan had been making her feel guilty for different things (Satan. What a hater.) and she had prayed asking Heavenly Father to send someone to make her feel better. She said "instead of sending one angel, He sent two!!" We sang I Am a Child of God with her and the whole time she was just crying saying how grateful she was for the gospel and for us being there. It was so so cool to be able to be the answer to her prayers. She also made us Indian food so that was cool too. (She's from India so it was real and authentic YAY)

There are so many wonderful miracles that happen every day! I wish you all could be here with me-- but you have wedding plans to attend to!! GOOD LUCK!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!
Trust in the Lord.
The gospel is true!

---
Sister Keauna Bain
New York New York North Mission

FALL

Jean from Waveny. She calls me "Sister Brain" and "Sister Sassy Pants" Hahaha

This is Max. He's my bud from the Darien Ward.
He reminds me so much of Bryson (that's probably why I like him so much!!) 

Sister Velmani teaching Hermana Derzon and I how to make Indian food YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment