Thursday, October 20, 2016

Hey y'all!
I hope it was a good week for everyone! It was a good week for me!🤓 THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE FALL/HALLOWEEN PACKAGE!! (Dad, I'll still be hating Halloween with you all the way from CT😂) The notes from Jacob, Grant, and Bryson made me cry. I MISS ALL OF YOU!!
I'm glad Sister Miles always sends you pictures!! We (us and the elders) were able to get so many less-active families to go to the ward Trunk-or-Treat! Yay! We decorated our car for Christmas instead of Halloween because Christmas is obviously more fun🎄

We got to go to a "new missionary meeting" on Friday in Scarsdale for Sister Larsen! Driving in New York is a piece of cake!😉 (NOT. I've actually never been so stressed in my entire life.) But! Fall on the East Coast is a dream!! Elder Perkins from the 70 was there and I learned so much!! Something that I took away from the meeting was that my new companion is my #1 investigator (I also learned that from Sister Sam) and my job is to love her and help her faith grow.

Does anyone know about a "clown situation"? Every time we're out when it's getting dark, people tell us to be careful of the clowns and I don't even know what that means.

On Sister Larsen's first day, I took her tracting on Bailey Avenue in Darien. We met a guy named Rob and he's way cool. We went back a couple of nights ago to see if he had read anything from the Book of Mormon we gave him and guess what. HE READ IT!! WITH HIS WIFE!! Miracles all around, people. We talked to him for a long time and got to know him and his wife better. We asked if we could come and teach his family about Jesus Christ and he said "sure" AND Rob and Liz invited us over for Thanksgiving!!😂

We tracted into Martha a couple of nights ago. She said she had just baptized her kids into the Catholic Church but that she and her husband weren't really sure if the Catholic Church was for them. She was thinking about going to the Lutheran Church and then we showed up on her doorstep! She said "this must be a sign from God!" Cool cool.

I know the Lord directs this work. This is HIS work! And what a special opportunity I have to dedicate 18 months of my life to Him! #Blessed

I hope y'all are studying your scriptures every day! As a mission, we're reading the Book of Mormon together and we're in Alma now! I LOVE ALMA. HOLY SMOKES. He is one cool guy. Yesterday I read about Alma going to the land of Ammonihah and meeting Amulek. They are companion goals!! But before Alma and Amulek are companions, Alma went to Ammonihah and was spit upon and cast out (whenever I have a bad day I think of Book of Mormon missionaries and then decide that it could be worse!) But an angel appears to Alma as he's leaving the city and tells him to REJOICE! The angel basically said "Alma, pal, you have great cause to rejoice! Lift up your head, man! You got this!" Oh, how great reason WE have to rejoice! So Alma "returns speedily" to the people that spit upon him and cast him out and meets his companion Amulek. They teach the people repentance and work miracles!!

If you're not reading the Book of Mormon every day, you better start! It will bless your life in more ways than you could ever count.
Have a good week!
I love you!
#BainTrainForever

Love always,
Sister Keauna Bain
New York New York North mission


President Dieter F. Uchtdorf: "The Lord sees in you what He saw in Amulek—the potential of a valiant servant with an important work to do and with a testimony to share."
("Learn from Alma and Amulek" October 2016 General Conference)
Trunk or Treat


Autumn Leaves

Walk on the Beach

Pumpkin hunting in the Pumpkin Patch 

Look who we tracked into. Barney!

Sister Bain was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment