Wednesday, December 14, 2016

2016 12/14 "The Book of Mormon is TRUE!"

HELLO FROM NYC.
Today is Sister Larsen's birthday so we took a trip to the city! What a good time. I'm in love with everything about this place.

This week was so good! It started off with me losing one of my name tags. Haha. I was looking EVERYWHERE for it on Sunday and I couldn't find it ANYWHERE. All during church I was thinking about where I would have lost it. I was praying all day that I would find it.
Side story: I lost my winter hat last week and I prayed all day that I would be able to find it. I was prompted to call a less-active to ask her if I had left it in her house the night before and GUESS WHAT. She found it outside in the parking lot. Prayers are answered. 
Name tag story- I was prompted after church to call a less-active to ask if I had lost it at their house the night before. He said he would look for it and call if he found it. It was like 5 hours later and I hadn't heard anything so I just accepted the fact that I had lost my name tag forever. We went to dinner and I said one last prayer. "Heavenly Father, I know you know where my tag is. Please help me." We went to our dinner appointment and after that I checked our phone. GUESS WHAT. BROTHER NIEMANN FOUND MY TAG IN HIS DRIVEWAY. It was a miracle that he found it because he lives in the middle of no where, with no lights in his driveway, AND it was snowing. We went to get it after our last appointment of the night and when I saw it, the clip was broken because it had been run over by a car. Haha. But Brother Niemann was able to fix it and all is well. I have my name tag back. I know prayers are answered. I know that the things that are important to us-- my winter hat and my name tag-- are important to Heavenly Father. 

Another side story-- on the train this morning I saw a guy that looked exactly like Dr. Jarman.  

Something else that made this week so great was that I finished reading the whole Book of Mormon! I know with my whole heart and soul that the Book of Mormon is TRUE! It was written by inspired Prophets who were called of God. I know that because Joseph Smith is a true prophet, he was able to translate it by the power of God. And how GRATEFUL I am that I have the Book of Mormon in my life. I know that as we read it with an open heart and pray with real intent to know if it's true, that our Heavenly Father will give us the answers we're looking for through the Holy Ghost. Remember- what's important to us, is important to Him. We just have to have the faith to ask the question- like Joseph Smith did. The Book of Mormon has changed my life. It's the most correct book on the earth and as we apply it's teachings we will find eternal joy in our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that's true. 

I hope you're all reading the Book of Mormon every day. It'll bless your life. 

THANK YOU everyone for the Christmas packages. I appreciate you thinking about me! I only opened the one from mom. I'm trying to practice my self-control and wait until Christmas to open the rest. Haha. 
Also, the Bain family wins for the cutest Christmas card. #BainTrainForever

I love you!! 

Love you forever,
Sister Bain 🍍

Elder Jeffery R. Holland said,
"Now, with the advantage that nearly 60 years give me since I was a newly believing 14-year-old, I declare some things I now know. I know that God is at all times and in all ways and in all circumstances our loving, forgiving Father in Heaven. I know Jesus was His only perfect child, whose life was given lovingly by the will of both the Father and the Son for the redemption of all the rest of us who are not perfect. I know He rose from that death to live again, and because He did, you and I will also. I know that Joseph Smith, who acknowledged that he wasn’t perfect,15 was nevertheless the chosen instrument in God’s hand to restore the everlasting gospel to the earth. I also know that in doing so—particularly through translating the Book of Mormon—he has taught me more of God’s love, of Christ’s divinity, and of priesthood power than any other prophet of whom I have ever read, known, or heard in a lifetime of seeking. I know that President Thomas S. Monson, who moves devotedly and buoyantly toward the 50th anniversary of his ordination as an Apostle, is the rightful successor to that prophetic mantle today. We have seen that mantle upon him again in this conference. I know that 14 other men whom you sustain as prophets, seers, and revelators sustain him with their hands, their hearts, and their own apostolic keys.
These things I declare to you with the conviction Peter called the “more sure word of prophecy.” What was once a tiny seed of belief for me has grown into the tree of life, so if your faith is a little tested in this or any season, I invite you to lean on mine. I know this work is God’s very truth, and I know that only at our peril would we allow doubt or devils to sway us from its path. Hope on. Journey on. Honestly acknowledge your questions and your concerns, but first and forever fan the flame of your faith, because all things are possible to them that believe. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

--Elder Jeffery R. Holland

NYC Cathedral

NYC - Rockefeller Center

NYC Temple Lobby

NYC - Train Platform

NYC - Trump Tower, Wait! What?

NYC - With St. Nick (See Grant and Bryson, Keauna just gave Santa your Christmas lists personally.)

No comments:

Post a Comment