Monday, April 17, 2017

2017 04/17 "I KNOW JESUS CHRIST LIVES"

HI again! It's me! How is it Monday AGAIN???? The weeks keep going faster and faster! 😓 

Aaaaahhhhhh! 😑 I hope you all had a WONDERFUL Easter! I KNOW JESUS CHRIST LIVES and thank you all for the lovely Easter packages and cute cards. I love you all. When I opened the package mom sent me I burst into tears because A. I love pinwheels. B. I loved the shirt from Seagull Book hahaha and C. I'm so grateful you sent me my little golden egg. Our members always ask us what our favorite family Easter tradition is and I always talked about the golden egg. The Easter bunny always comes to the Bain house on Friday night and we have our annual Easter egg hunt on Saturday morning. (I guess I should say Jacob, Grant and Bryson have their annual Easter egg hunt while I sleep in and they find the candy for me hahahaha oops.) ANYWAY. When we wake up on Easter Sunday we each have 1 special egg that we get to find. When we open it, it's always empty-- symbolizing the empty tomb when Jesus Christ was resurrected. I've always loved that tradition and it's always helped me understand why we celebrate Easter. 

It's been a special time here in New York City as 80+ missionaries in Manhattan share the message of the resurrection and the peace that comes from Jesus Christ. I know He lives. ☉🌷🐣 

We got to have a picnic in central park with Brother and Sister Krause. It was too fun and sooooooooooo beautiful. Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Uncle Dean. And Aunt Lisa. And Christine! 💙 I hope everyone has a fun day! And THANK YOU, Aunt Lisa and Christine, for the cute package. I love you!! AND! Last, but certainly not least, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to the best parents ever!! It's been, what?, 15 years...? I'm glad you two are married and that we have an eternal family #BainTrainForever 🤗 I LOVE YOUUUUUUUU ❤❤❤ 

We got to go to the United Nations for the Focus on Faith briefing and Sister Bingham, the General Relief Society President was there!! She's so cool. And she gave me a hug sooooooooooo that's also cool. No big deal. I didn't freak out or anything. We had interviews with President Smith this past week and WOW OH WOW do I love my mission President. I've learned so much from him and Sister Smith. A lot of my interview was just talking about how grateful I am to be a missionary in New York City. But something President asked me really made me think. He said "Sister Bain, what's something you've learned in the last 9 months?" I just stared at him and said "Well, that's probably the hardest question you could have asked me because I learn about 3 trillion new things every day sooo...." We talked about a few different things, but as I thought about it, there is one thing that stands out and that is ETERNAL FAMILIES. I've learned a whole lot about what an eternal family really is, what I hope to do with my own eternal family and what I hope to be as a mother and wife. (Mostly the last one) I want to raise a sin-resistant generation (April 2017 General Conference LOOK IT UP.) I want my children to be raised in a righteous home built on the gospel of Jesus Christ. I want my family to be HAPPY in my home. So basically I just want to recreate the home I was raised in I'm grateful for my parents. As a punk teenager (oh wait, I'm still a punk teenager...) I didn't appreciate the love and patience that my parents have. I'm sorry I was such a dork 😂😂 but I admire and love my parents more than they will ever know-- because words can't even describe it. When I grow up, I want to be just like my mom. Loving, kind, patient, charitable, courageous, creative, smart, hardworking, beautiful on the inside and out, virtuous, obedient, faithful and true. And one day I want to marry someone just like my dad. Funny, loving, kind, honors his priesthood, a covenant keeper, hard working, organized, magnifies his calling, SELF-LESS, bold, strong and wise. (I said "Not just a hat rack" the other day and couldn't even control my laughter hahaha love you, dad!) I AM SO BLESSED TO HAVE THE BEST PARENTS EVER AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH so, thanks mom and dad for all that you've taught me. Even when I don't act like it, I appreciate your love AND correction. I've learned that I want to have DAILY family prayer and DAILY family scripture study and I want my family to eat dinner together. I will always remember mom telling me how important it is that we do all 3 of those things. I'm grateful for parents. I'm grateful for brothers. I'm grateful for sisters. I'm grateful for brothers-in-law (is that even the correct form of that word?? Haha) and I'm grateful for families and I'm grateful for the priesthood that seals families and I'm grateful for Temples....I'm grateful for everything. 🌿🌲🌷
I hope you all liked this big long shout out to my awesome parents 😂 give them a hug the next time you see them and tell them it's from me  

I LOVE YOU ALL and I hope you have the best week ever. This week: study The Living Christ. It'll change your life. 

“Come as you are,” a loving Father says to each of us, but He adds, “Don’t plan to stay as you are.” We smile and remember that God is determined to make of us more than we thought we could be." --Jeffery R. Holland 

Love always,
Sister Bain 🍍

Ps. It's almost Mother's Day  

Pictures: 
Happy Easter! 
Sooo many people out for Easter 
US at the UN 

Happy spring!!!!! 

Easter Picture 2017

Happy Easter

Sooo many people out for Easter.

US at the UN

White Tulips - Spring time in New York City.





No comments:

Post a Comment