Wednesday, June 14, 2017

2017 06/14 "BUT HE KNEW MY NAME"

HELLO FAMILY. 
Thank you all SO much for the wonderful birthday wishes. I had the best day ever. SERIOUSLY. My companion and all the other missionaries made it such a special day. (Literally everyone in Harlem knew it was my birthday haha) It was so fun. We had district meeting and Sister Kelly had to pack because she has been TRANSFERRED. Sister Kelly went to Yorktown, New York and my new companion is Sister Dismuke. She is so wonderful. We've been roommates for the last 6 weeks which has been so fun! Sister Dismuke was in the Harlem Family ward so we're combining the Harlem Family ward and the YSA ward! WHAT WHAT WHAT. We have two wards! AAAAHHHHH. SOS. PRAY FOR US. Sister Dismuke is also going to be my new Sister Training Leader companion which will be way too much fun. We are so excited. Sister Dismuke and I were in the MTC together AND we sat next to each other on the plane from Detroit to New York. She's from SANDY and went to ALTA. (Go Diggers!) So on June 22nd, we'll celebrate our year mark together!! WOOT WOOT. She's so much fun. 

OKAY. So I'm the luckiest person in the world. Here's why. On June 11th (the day before my birthday haha) ELDER RASBAND CAME TO HARLEM. That morning, I prayed and literally said "Heavenly Father, tomorrow is my birthday so can I please see Elder Rasband?" We went to church, it was good, we ate lunch (also good), went downstairs AND GUESS WHO I SAW. ELDER RASBAND. WHAT WHAT. He was standing at the elevator with his sweet wife and President Smith. Of course a lot of other people were talking to him, but Elder Rasband and I made eye contact, he smiled and walked straight over to us. He said "I thought I saw two sister missionaries over here." I just smiled and was STAR.STRUCK. PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED. (Remember a couple of weeks ago when I thought prayers weren't answered because I was being a punk? Well obviously I was wrong.) He said "Sister Bain (ps. He didn't even look at my nametag BUT HE KNEW MY NAME.) Are you seeing success?" I said "Of course. We see success every day!" and Elder Rasband had thee biggest smile ever and said "That's the best answer you could have given me, Sister Bain!" Then he left. And I basically cried my eyes out because as he looked me straight in the eyes while he talked to me, I felt the spirit testify to me that Elder Rasband is an apostale of the Lord. Later that night, President Smith called and we talked for a little bit about my experience with Elder Rasband. President said that while they drove to the airport, Elder Rasband was talking about ME BY NAME. (Please let me brag and be prideful for .5 seconds.) He said that I gave him the best answer he's ever heard and that he "felt a powerful spirit" around me. It was such a compliment to have someone liked Elder Rasband say that about me. (and he remembered my name!) This email doesn't even come close to how cool it was in person. BEST. DAY. EVER. 

So anyway. Sister Dismuke and I deep cleaned our entire home and it looks soooooooo good. Mom, can you send me a list of stuff you put in that spray thing to clean the shower? (That was the worst sentence ever. I'm sorry.) I know it has vinegar in it haha We also decorated for the 4th of July today so we're obviously excited! :) 

I hope you all have the best week ever. I really love you all and I hope Jacob has the best 14th birthday ever. HE. IS. SO. OLD. I sent a card today so hopefully it makes it there in time! 


Love always,
Your favorite 20 year old
Sister Bain 🍍



PS: Aunt Jo- does your sister in Brigham City live across the street from a Wilkes family? 


Birthday Treats

It's MY BIRTHDAY!

...did I mention that it was my birthday?






Cafe that was in the movie "You've Got Mail".


No comments:

Post a Comment