Wednesday, September 7, 2016

2016 09-07 "Read the Book of Mormon every day"

Hello! Hello!
First up: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA WOOD!! Something I love about Grandma Wood is her jokes. I always laugh so hard when I'm with grandma. I love her!! #GrandmasRule MicKelle and I still owe her a trip to Hawaii😂

I'm working on this annoying habit of using hash tags but it's a big thing in this mission so it's a bad habit I've developed hahaha lame.

I'm so happy Bri kissed a llama from a distance.  I laugh so hard I cried from the picture she sent. It made me so happy.

I AM SO EXCITED FOR GARRETT TO SERVE IN WASHINGTON. HOLY COW. I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE THIS. I was hoping for the East Coast, but Washington is cool too. The west coast is cool I guess ;-) I'm stoked for him to start 12 week training (The District videos are the best YAY) CONGRATS GARRETT!
"God our strength will be; press forward ever, Called to serve our King!"

The weather is nice here. The leaves are starting to change and it makes my heart oh so happy!! Fall is coming!! We've had a lot of wind the past couple of days and TONS of rain. There was supposed to be a hurricane or something??
We get to go to the temple again this Saturday! Bridgette is going to the temple to do baptisms!! We are so excited. I also have this crazy love and obsession with the city so I'm pretty exciteddddddddd to see it again!!!!😁😁😁


Sister Sam and I saw a lot of cool miracles! The other day we got a referral from church headquarters so we went to go contact her. We went to 18 Davis Ct but when we got there, there wasn't even an 18!! So we just decided to start knocking doors and we ran into Kaitlyn! She's a student right now and is looking into religion because she wants to know more about God. So we talked to her about the Book of Mormon and we were able to set up a return appointment with her! (Return appointments are hard to get in this area so TENDER MERCIES ALL AROUND!!) We're meeting with her again this weekend!

The other day we had some awesome plans. But they all fell through....so that was lame. But we still saw miracles. One miracle was Caleb! We talked to him right as he was walking into his house-- he was just getting home from prison! He's dealing with some drug problems and he was super interested in learning more about the Atonement. He has so much faith and he's willing to do whatever it takes to get through this addiction. He went to the Healing Through Christ addiction program that the church does last night at the church building and he said he loved it and he wants to keep going!! So cool.

Oliver is doing well! His wife, Veena, just had their second baby on Sunday! They named her Eve. We obviously won't meet with us this week, but he said for sure next week!! He accepted a baptismal invitation!! He hasn't set a date yet, but he said he knows he needs to be baptized!!! I'm crying right now just telling you this because I'm so happy. He's so prepared!! The Atonement is real, peeps. I know it!

We've done a lot of tracting this week which is always a good time!! I love this area.
Okay. So I have a lot of thoughts from my studies I want to share with you...but the one I've thought about the most is about studying the scriptures. READ THE BOOK OF MORMON EVERY DAY!! Make the Book of Mormon part of your every day life. As I've read the Book of Mormon this week I've also thought a lot about the Prophet Joseph Smith. He is one cool guy. I know Joseph Smith is the Prophet of the Restoration. He saw God and our Savior Jesus Christ. The First Vision happened. I know it did. And what a blessing it is to have that knowledge. I cry every single time I share the first vision because of how sacred it is and how special it is. The hymn "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" has become one of my very favorites here on the mission but the first line of the 4th verse gets me every time.
"Joseph, this is my Beloved; Hear him!” Oh, how sweet the word!"
WHAT AN INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE.
I'm so grateful for my knowledge of the Restoration.

How did it go with sharing your testimonies this week?? Any cool experiences??
Something I wanted to invite you to read this week is 2 Nephi 31 and before you read, pray and ask for the spirit to teach you something new 😚 and then tell me what you learned!!
I really do love being here. I'm grateful for all that I'm learning :-)
God lives. Jesus Christ is my Savior and He means everything to me❤❤
Have a good week!!
I love you!!
Love always,
Sister Bain 🍍

"This life is a time to prepare to meet God- not receive every blessing He has in store for us."


Ps: Yes! Those pictures I sent last week were from Central Park! I'm in love with Central Park!! 

Fall is coming!

Sisters in Central Park


No comments:

Post a Comment