Thursday, September 1, 2016

2016 08-31 Road Trip - NYC

Hello! Hello!
I hope you all have a fun Labor Day!! Take some pictures at the family picnic at Grandma's house for me!

Have you all been sharing your testimony on social media?? Any luck? (This is me following up)
I AM SO EXCITED FOR GARRETT TO SERVE A MISSION. My fingers are crossed for the East Coast!! Yay missionaries!! ❤❤❤❤

Can you send me Bri's emails?? I can't open the link to her blog.....Lame. That's so cool that she was transferred!! I'm so excited for her!! Also, she'd be the best STL ever.

This week has been good. It sounds like Elder Sirrine had the same thing I did. I got the flu on Thursday so we were inside all day. BOO. I basically slept all day so that was lame. Sister Sam also got it (also lame) so we were inside all day yesterday but we are all better now! We just finished a session at the Manhattan temple!!! IT. WAS. SO. WONDERFUL. Ahhhhhh!!!!!

Oliver is still progressing!! He's super cool. He's changed a lot since I first met him and it's cool to see how his testimony of Jesus Christ is growing every day. We watched The Restoration with him and HE WAS CRYING during the part about the First Vision. (I was too) He's been receiving and recognizing answers to his prayers and he's having spiritual experiences while reading the Book of Mormon! We want to set a bap date with him tonight, so pray for him!

We are still in contact with Monica. Her parents are still in town from Ecuador for another week so we were hoping that once they left she'd want to meet with us again but she called us last Wednesday and told us her house burnt down....so yeah.....she's jobless and now homeless but something she said to me was really cool. She said "Sister Bain, I know Heavenly Father is looking out for me. I know He loves me. I know this is just a trial that will bring me closer to Him." She has so much faith-- it's incredible. It made me think about what I would act like if my house just brunt down and I had no place to live and no place to work. I've learned so much from her. Pray for her! :-)

We are also teaching Isis. She was baptized about 2 years ago, but she hasn't been to church since her baptism. We taught her about the sacrament and finding happiness through Jesus Christ. It was a super good lesson but she was drunk when we taught her so we're going to have to go back this coming week when she's sober.....but I know the Atonement is real and that #RepentanceIsCool

I've had a lot of random thoughts this week that I wanted to share with you.

1. God really does know better than I do. He truly is a loving Heavenly Father. He's softened my heart and He's really helped me open my heart and love. I know that when we ask our Heavenly Father to help us have charity, He will help us!

2. Let your daily personal study be a revelatory experience. Involve Heavenly Father and the Spirit in your studies and you'll see miracles!

3. My mission call was inspired by Heavenly Father! Sister Sam and I re-read our mission call letter during comp study the other day and both of us were bawling our eyes out by the end. That piece of paper that came in a big white envelope means so much more to me now than it did on March 12th, 2016. Of course it meant a lot to me when I opened it, but now that I'm here, in the New York New York North mission, I appreciate it more. In the First Presidency message in the front of Preach My Gospel, it says "The Lord will reward and richly bless you as you humbly and prayerfully serve Him. More happiness awaits you than you have ever experienced as you labor among His children." I have felt that happiness

4. When you pray for opportunities to share your testimony, Heavenly Father will make that happen! I got to speak in sacrament meeting on Sunday about the gift of the Holy Ghost. I've been studying the Holy Ghost a lot this past week so it was cool to be able to share my thoughts and testimony about the spirit. I know the spirit really does testify of truth! He's done it again and again for me every day! Sister Sam and I also got to teach Gospel Principles and the 12-13 year old Sunday school! There have been a lot of opportunities for me to share my testimony this week and I know there are opportunities for you too! This week I want to invite you to pray for opportunities to share your testimony about Jesus Christ. I'll follow up next week :-)

Connecticut is wonderful. We can feel the fall weather coming!! We are so excited for the leaves to start changing!! I hope you all have a good week full of opportunities to share what you know to be true!! Missionary work is all about sharing your testimony-- when in doubt, testify!
I love you!

Make good choices kids!!
Be faithful. Be obedient. Be diligent.
#BainTrainForever
Love always,
Sister Bain
---

MOSIAH 2:34
"...ye are eternally indebted to your Heavenly Father, to render to Him all that you have and are"

NYC Skyline

NYC Skyline

NYC Temple

NYC Temple with Sister Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment