Wednesday, September 28, 2016

2016 09-28 "Working hard--all the way to the 4th floor, last door!!"

Hi family!!
How in the world is it already going to be October??? It was June like 2 days ago.

We've seen a lot of people on drugs this week so....yeah....yay Connecticut

Transfers are on Tuesday and Sister Sam is leaving Darien because I will be training a new missionary! I'm scared out of my mind but what else is new? Pray for me? :-) I'm going into the city tomorrow for a meeting with President Smith and the other missionaries that are training. As nervous as I am, I'm grateful for this opportunity! #MissionsAreCool I get to be in Darien for Christmas!!

Okay so HOW EXCITED ARE YOU FOR CONFERENCE!?!?!? I AM STOKED. Seriously. Only 3 more sleeps until my favorite weekend on the planet!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! The Women's Conference was so so good. I will have to admit, though, that this was the first time I've been homesick since being here. I missed being at the church with mom watching it!! But I hope y'all have a good time going to Conference on Saturday! I thought of mom when they sang "If I listen With my Heart" then proceeded to cry for a solid 10 minutes. I love you, mom! Everyone needs to read Sister Bingham's talk about charity!!

Fun fact: Lindsay Sterling served in the NYNYN mission and everyone wants her to come back hahaha we've had a lot of people this week tell us they miss her. Another fun fact: I'm living in the same apartment that Sister Sterling lived in when she served here in Darien so that bascially makes me famous too!

To answer your question: I don't get to help out at the Hartford Temple. There were 8 sisters from the NYNYN mission that were assigned to serve at the temple. But my companion and I will get to go if we have an investigator or less-active that wants to go! The open house starts in 2 days and we are so excited!!

Cool miracle of the week: We visited a less-active each week named Pegguy.  She's the sweetest person ever and I love her. I think I mentioned her last week (???) but she's wonderful.  We met with her on Sunday and I had the impression to ask her if she spoke French. In my head I was like "That's a dumb question....why would I need to know if she spoke French?" But I asked her anyway because I knew I'd be chastised later if I didn't and guess what everyone....Pegguy speaks French.  But guess who else speaks French? OUR INVESTIGATOR JACQUELOVE. So that's awesome and Pegguy is going to come to our lessons with Jacquelove and they're both going to love each other and be best friends and Jacquelove is going to get baptized and Pegguy is going to come back to church and it's all going to be great. We are so excited. Also, Pegguy is coming to general conference with us on Sunday so we're also stoked for that.

We've been busy this week! Working hard--all the way to the 4th floor, last door!!
I hope you all love General Conference!! Do you have all your questions written down??
Have a good week!!
I love you!!

Love always,
Sister Bain

Look at us

Hiking in the woods

The Karate Kid has nothing on me. Finding my Chi.

Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment