Wednesday, November 9, 2016

2016 11/09 "PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED! "

Hello! Hello! 🍍
We went on Spanish Splits again and every time I get to go to the Spanish program I wish I had been called Spanish speaking! I went to Stamford with Hermana Nusink and she is so so wonderful!! We had an appointment in the morning with an investigator who speaks straight Spanish-- she doesn't understand any English at all. I was sitting in the lesson and had NO idea what was going on....but I was praying that Heavenly Father would help me understand something. By the end of the lesson I knew they had been talking about prayer and why it's important to pray! PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED!

We spent some time in Greenwich Hospital visiting some less-actives which was cool. (Not cool that they were in the hospital, but cool we got to see them....and cool that Sister Bain didn't pass out....) I kept praying for help to understand the language and I was also praying for the ability to teach simply so they could understand my English. I hope you know I have a testimony of prayer!! PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED!

Hermana Nusink and I ended our split teaching English class. I walked in and all these cute people yelled "Chinita! Chinita!" Which means "Asian girl" in Spanish😂so the Stamford Spanish Ward knows me as "Chinita Hermana Bain"😂 Esta bien, me encanta!

This week was good! We saw a lot of miracles. It's the little things that seem to matter the most to me. I'm not really sure what to write about today, but I wanted to tell you a little thought I had this week. I've had some people email me and ask me what I've learned about the most as a missionary so far. I thought that answer would be hard, but it's actually a lot more simple than I thought. I've learned the most about Repentance. Repentance is change. It's being humble enough to make the small, but necessary, changes to our lives to live the way our loving Heavenly Father has asked us to. It's having faith that we can change through Jesus Christ. Repentance is recognizing the need for a Savior and more fully understanding the love that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for each of us. I always thought of repentance as something scary because it meant I did something wrong, but repentance is a joyful process of becoming closer to our Savior Jesus Christ. So if I've learned anything as a missionary these last few months, it's that repentance is our opportunity to become better every day. HOW COOL IS THAT!!??

What does Repentance mean to you? I hope this week you look for more ways to recognize the healing power of the Atonement! Read Alma 36 then send me your thoughts

I hope you all had a good week and that you exercised your rights and voted! I still don't even know who the next president is going to be haha missionaries know zero things about the election....all the people at the grocery store were in a bad mood today so....people here aren't happy about the outcome. I'm guessing Trump won but I honestly have no clue😂

Sorry this week is so short, but I'm happy here and I love Connecticut more and more every day! I wish y'all were here with me to see the fall colors!!

I love you!! 
"His plan is always the best plan and it'll lead to the most happiness." -Mom
#LightTheWorld

Con mucho amor,
Sister Keauna Bain
New York New York North Mission  


A drive through the neighborhood to see all the Fall Colors

Fall Colors



My Friend

Was it something I said?

The gang and my Friend

Picture time - I said Smile


No comments:

Post a Comment