Wednesday, November 23, 2016

2016 11/23 Live in Thanksgiving daily!!

24 Days of Thanksgiving  🍗🍁
Happy Thanksgiving!! Here's a list of 24 things I'm grateful for (in no particular order😂)

1. I'm grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. Of course He is the very first one because without Him I wouldn't have anything. I know Jesus Christ lives. I know He is my Savior. Jesus Christ means everything to me and I am so grateful for Him and His atoning sacrifice for me.
2. I'm grateful for eternal families. HOW COOL is it that we get to be together for eternity? Good thing I love you all. #BainTrainForever Thanks for getting married in the temple mom and dad!! #CovenantKeepers
3. I'm grateful for our mission car. Winter has made its way to CT. The car heater is a life saver!
4. I'm grateful that Makail and KC are getting married in the temple
5. I'm grateful that I have the opportunity to serve a mission! There aren't enough words to describe my gratitude for my missionary tag and the miracles I get to see every day. #Blessed
6. I'm grateful for the Hartford, Connecticut Temple! Connecticut's first temple was dedicated on Sunday! This was my 5th temple dedication!! (I've been sick at every temple dedication I've been to hahaha I had a fever this time...boo. But I'm fine now!) I know temple blessings are real. I was sitting in the chapel waiting for the dedication to start and I was thinking about Grandpa Bain. I've found myself thinking about him a lot lately and I can feel him with me all the time. I know my loved ones are watching out for me and helping me. I was promised as I was set apart as a full-time missionary that I'd have angels attend me in the mission field and I know that one of those angels is my sweet Grandpa Bain.
7. I'm grateful for my companion.
8. I'm grateful for members of the Darien Ward who give me really nice hugs every time they see me. They're not as good as mom's hugs, but they work😁
9. I'm grateful for the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and for the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know Jesus Christ's church has been restored on the earth and I know Joseph Smith saw our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ in the sacred grove.
10. I'm grateful I get 8 hours of sleep every night.
11. I'm grateful for President and Sister Smith. I love them.
12. I'm grateful for Preach My Gospel!
13. I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon. I know it's true!💘
14. I'm grateful for New York City.
15. I'm grateful for new opportunities every day to share my testimony!
16. I'm grateful for trials! I know trials are given to us to help us become closer to Jesus Christ.
17. I'm grateful for Elder Sirrine (and Garrett-- 'Elder Sirrine' in a couple of weeks!! I'm glad his farewell talk went well! I've heard nothing but good reviews about him and Britt!) Elder Prestgard, and Hermana Gurney! It's so cool being able to talk to my cousins about the mission and share experiences with them and get advice from them. I HAVE INCREDIBLE COUSINS who are faithful to their callings as missionaries and representatives of Jesus Christ.
18. I'm grateful for hot chocolate.
19. I'm grateful that I don't have to use a paper areabook and that I'm in a technology mission where I can just search something on gospel library in 2 seconds and it's easy. Dad, I don't even know how you did missionary work without an iPad😂
20. I'm grateful for my glasses so I can see stuff.
21. I'm grateful for my knee brace. I had to start wearing it again because my companion was backing up the car too fast and hit me....hahaha oops. My knee was knocked out of place or something, I can't remember what the doctor said. Anyway, I'm fine. Don't worry.
22. I'm grateful for the Connecticut trees.
23. I'm grateful for all the missionaries in the New York New York North Mission. I've learned so much for each missionary I get to serve with!
24. Most of all, I'm grateful for all those who have helped me get to the mission field! Mom and dad, siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, YW leaders, bishops, the stake president, friends, the 5th ward....countless people have influenced my life and helped me become who I am today. So THANK YOU for your love, your patience, your support, and your testimonies. I will forever be grateful for each of you!

I was telling my companion the other day about our little foam Thanksgiving trees we do every year so I'm super sad that we used our last one last year! But I'm glad Bryson now understands that mom is dad's best friend and I laughed real hard when Grant said he was grateful for rubber bands😂😂😂tell Jacob to write me a letter or something. I've been missing him a lot the past couple of days. Man, I sure love those boys. Give them a big hug for me!!

"But some might say, “What do I have to be grateful for when my world is falling apart?”
Perhaps focusing on what we are grateful for is the wrong approach. It is difficult to develop a spirit of gratitude if our thankfulness is only proportional to the number of blessings we can count. True, it is important to frequently “count our blessings”—and anyone who has tried this knows there are many—but I don’t believe the Lord expects us to be less thankful in times of trial than in times of abundance and ease. In fact, most of the scriptural references do not speak of gratitude for things but rather suggest an overall spirit or attitude of gratitude.

It is easy to be grateful for things when life seems to be going our way. But what then of those times when what we wish for seems to be far out of reach?

Could I suggest that we see gratitude as a disposition, a way of life that stands independent of our current situation? In other words, I’m suggesting that instead of being thankful for things, we focus on being thankful in our circumstances—whatever they may be."
--President Uchtdorf ❤❤

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! We have so much to be grateful for and I know that everything we have is because we have a loving Heavenly Father! I'm grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for the blessings I've received because of it.

Live in Thanksgiving daily!!

I love you and I'm SO GRATEFUL FOR YOU!!

Love always,
Sister Bain 🍍

The car heater is a life saver!

What are you Thankful for?

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment