Wednesday, November 16, 2016

2016 11/16 "God is so good" and "It snowed"

Hey y'all!
So. This week was a good week. We did missionary work and stuff so that was cool. Transfers were yesterday and GUESS WHAT!!!

.............DRUM ROLL PLEASE..............

I'm staying in Darien with Sister Larsen! Surprise! Haha I'm funny I know. I can't believe Sister Larsen has already been here for 6 weeks!! Where does the time go??? Aaaaahhhhh!!!! Sister Sam only has one more transfer left before she goes home!! (Insert a picture of me sobbing my eyes out because that makes me sad. I miss her)

On Sunday we had the Primary Program and it was AMAZING. Kids are so fun. (Ps. The boys school pictures are SO cute. Those boys are such studs. I miss them) Anyway. Primary Program.

1. Primary teachers are SO patient

2. I love how pure and sweet children's testimonies are. The primary kids write their own parts and I was reminded of how simple the gospel is! President Smith always reminds us to remember our primary songs and to start with the basics! #Truth

3. I was watching the sweet primary president, Sister Harrell, and she reminds me so much of mom!! Mom is so dedicated to teaching kids (especially her own kids!!!) the gospel and helping them gain faith and a testimony of their own. That's one thing I admire the most about mom- the way she magnifies her calling and her love for the gospel!! (That was two things but its fine) You're a rockstar, mom! I love you!

Random facts:
A girl in my ward, Sister Wilkins, has a sister getting married on December 29th in the Salt Lake Temple so I told her to find all of you since you'll be there at the same time and take a picture with you hahaha if a random girl wants to take a picture with you at the temple do it so she can send it to me haha

Sister Shumway made us dinner last night and it was so so good and she's also a Harvard graduate and goes to Cambridge right now so she's super cool and she told me she'd teach me how to paint yay

It snowed yesterday so please pray for us in CT we are actually freezing. (Don't feel too bad though. We have a car with a nice heater)

The Hartford Temple is being dedicated on Sunday!!! Connecticut's first temple!!!

For Thanksgiving...we are going to Rob's house!! I told you about him a couple of weeks ago (last week maybe?? I can't remember) anyway, he and his family invited us over. Rob also read Alma 32 which makes me HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY because Alma is the best ever. He's a cool guy (Rob. But Alma obviously is cool too) We also had some members (Sister Wilkins!!!) invite us over! ALSO!! If you have missionaries in your ward and they don't have a place to eat, INVITE THEM OVER. Missionaries are away from their families for the holidays and a lot of them will tell you they love it but it's still hard to be away from home....so make sure the elders and sisters have a place to go!! Relief Society presidents can't do it all so help em out!! :-)

We have a sweet investigator named Claire. She's so wonderful and we love her. She searched on Google about the after life and guess what she clicked on!!?? LDS.ORG!! She ordered a Book of Mormon and then we showed up on her doorstep. We taught her how to pray and man oh man....hearing someone pray out loud for the first time ever is a COOL experience!! God is so good.

So...I'm not really sure what else to write about. We have weekly planning on Thursdays and I always get sooooooooooo tired during that. But nothing happens if we don't set goals and make plans, right?? :-) I love it here.

I hope you all have a fun and safe week!! Emailing get harder and harder every week so I'm really sorry if they don't ever make sense or if I forget to answer your questions hahaha

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Trust in the Lord
The gospel is true
#LightTheWorld


Love always,
Sister Keauna Bain 


Gray Miles- he said I can marry his uncle hahahaha
BEAUTIFUL SUNSETS HERE

Stamford Zone

Bossy Lane- I want to live on this street hahahaha 
Sister Bain at Bossy Lane


No comments:

Post a Comment