Wednesday, March 1, 2017

2017 03/01 "Let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever."

WHAT'S UPPPPPPPPP ❤❤❤ Happy Wednesday!! 

First things first, IT'S MY BEST FRIENDS BIRTHDAY ON SUNDAY!!! Happy birthday, my dearest Makail. Thanks for choosing Heavenly Father's plan and being born. I love you!!✌❤ 

Also, guess who had salmon for dinner 4 days in a row??? That's right. WE DID. 😂😭😂😭 Someone guess how much Sister Bain still doesn't like salmon😂😭 

Today is P-day because we were so blessed in the New York New York North Mission to have Elder and Sister Gong (from the presidency of the seventy) here with us on Sunday and Monday. It was sooooooooooo wonderful to be taught by the spirit. I also had the opportunity to play a musical number so now I can check "play the piano for a general authority" off my bucket list😉 Thanks for sending my piano book, Mom!!Elder Gong said, "I appreciate your dedicated piano teacher for helping you develop your talent." THANKS MOM! YOU'RE THE BEST ❤❤❤❤I hope you travel safely to Oklahoma!! 

This week was good. It started off with Sister Jacobsen and I going to the ER because Sister Jacobsen had symptoms of appendicitis. Yay. But she's fine now and didn't actually have appendicitis. Also, Anne is feeling better so we were able to see her at church on Sunday!! Marvin is also doing well. We had a lesson with him yesterday and he said that everything is starting to make sense. We love love love the people we have the opportunity to teach!! 

Something I've been thinking about this week is prayer I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR PRAYER. I know that it is direct communication with our Heavenly Father WHO LOVES US. He's real. And He hears every single prayer. I know that's true. I know that by counseling with our Father in Heaven is how we find true peace. 

Alma 37:36-37
Yea, and cry unto God for ALL thy support; yea, let ALL thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let ALL thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, LET THE AFFECTIONS OF THY HEART BE PLACED UPON THE LORD FOREVER.
•Counsel with the Lord• in ALL thy doings, and HE WILL DIRECT THEE for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and IF ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

I love the phrase "let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever." I know that Heavenly Father knows the deepest desires of my heart. I know that what's important to me is important to Him. I've been making some goals this week of things I want to accomplish before the end of my time in New York City. I've taken those goals to my Heavenly Father and I've counseled with Him-- asking Him to help me accomplish the desires and affections of my heart and asking Him if those goals are what He wants me to do. Everything I desire (as long as it's righteous) I KNOW that Heavenly Father WILL help me. I'm also grateful to have been raised in a home where we said family prayer EVERY night. It didn't matter how tired we all were or how busy we all were, we always knelt together. And I will forever be grateful for that. Thank you, mom and dad, for teaching me how important that is

I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. And I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It's all true!! And it'll bless your life.

I hope you all have a good week. I love you so much and I'm so so grateful for the wonderful family I've been blessed with. Thank you for your prayers and for all your love.

I love youuuuuuuuuuu. 


Love always,

Sister Bain 🍍

Elder Gong and President Smith serving up Ice Cream

Sister Jacobsen in the hospital. All is well. 

We Love the Missionaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment