Monday, March 27, 2017

2017 03/27 "If you can't tell, I love General Conference" #LDSconf


WHAT'S UP. 
Yes we made it to church yesterday 😂 Thanks for asking 😂

First off-- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRYSON!!! (Last weeeeeeeeeek.) He's already a decade old. What in the world? He's so old. 

Speaking of birthdays, MicKelle's birthday is THIS SATURDAY. This isn't an April Fools joke. It's really her birthday. 😉 (hilarious. I know.) Everyone give her a big b-day shout out love ya, Kelle 
💙 

Second-- I went though the temple 1 YEAR AGO  (as of Saturday March 25th) how cool!! I love the temple. I NEVER would have thought that I'd be 18 and going to the temple. But I am so grateful. I really do believe that a huge part of why the Lord asked me to serve a mission is so that I could be in the temple. make time to go this week!! 

Third-- 1 year ago, on March 26th, I went to lunch with Aubrie Jacobsen and now....on March 26th we're COMPANIONS!!! WHAAAAAAAAT. She's the best and I love her to death. #CompGoals

Okay. Let's get real here. 5 MORE SLEEPS UNTIL GENERAL CONFERENCE. I hope you're as excited as I am. Conference weekend is honestly better than my birthday (and for those of you who know how much I LOVE my birthday...that's a big deal.) I am so grateful for General Conference. I love that we have this opportunity to hear the words of our prophet. I know that Thomas S. Monson is our prophet today. I know that he is because I've asked my Heavenly Father. I know that as we follow the Prophet, we will NEVER be lead astray. God is at the helm and He directs us through His prophet here on the earth today. I hope that as you each prepare yourselves to be taught from on high this weekend, you will make time to write down your questions. I KNOW HEAVENLY FATHER ANSWERS ALL OUR QUESTIONS. I know that each question I'm seeking an answer to will be answered. Pray for the Prophet his counselors and the other 12 apostles as they prepare to teach us. Also, I hope that we never take Conference lightly. OF COURSE Conference is a time for family and good food, but it's SO much more than that! Conference is a time for us to be spiritually fed- for 10 whole hours!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE arrange your schedule so that you can sit down at 10 (or noon if you're an East Coaster😉) and open your heart to the spirit. I hope that the Saturday afternoon session is especially important to you so that you make time to sit down and sustain the Prophet of God. IT. IS. SO. IMPORTANT. 
We were doing a street contacting activity in central park on Saturday and we were asking people if they wanted to come and listen to the Prophet. The answers we got were "No." "No. Get away from me." And "I don't need a prophet." BUT WE DO NEED A PROPHET AND WE HAVE ONE. So watch General Conference with the expectation of receiving answers. Don't be like the lame  (but still loved) people in central park who think they're good without a prophet. We all need President Thomas S. Monson, his counselors and the other 12 apostles. If you can't tell, I love General Conference and I am sooooooooooo happy and grateful to have this incredible opportunity. #LDSconf 

Marvin is good. He's going to Cuba at the end of April to play the trombone with a super famous Cuban band. He's gonna be on TV so look out for him 😂 he's reading the Book of Mormon ON HIS OWN and he said "I'm receiving answers, don't you worry sisters." I said "Marvin, I wish I could be as cool as you." And he responded "Oh Sister Bain, if you wanna be cool, you gotta work at it. You can't just wake up and be as cool as me." OKAY 😂😂😂😂 Thanks Marvin 😂😂😂😂 

AAAAAAALLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOO----- SISTER FOX CAME TO CHURCH WOOT WOOT. Sister Fox is a less-active that we've been working with for so long. She hasn't been to church for 10 years but she's BEST FRIENDS with all the members in the ward. She even does her visiting teaching but never comes to church. We've been super bold with her and SHE CAME. I almost cried when I saw her  

I love this place. The city has been hard for me, but I do love it. I'm grateful for NYC🍎
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

Be bold. Be courageous. Be honest. Be truthful. 
Love always,
Sister Bain 🍍

"I know not by what methods rare,
But this I know, God answers prayer.
I know that He has given His Word,
Which tells me prayer is always heard,
And will be answered, soon or late.
And so I pray and calmly wait.
I know not if the blessing sought
Will come in just the way I thought;
But leave my prayers with Him alone,
Whose will is wiser than my own,
Assured that He will grant my quest,
Or send some answer far more blest."

Happy to be in New York City!

1 year ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment