Wednesday, September 6, 2017

2017 09/06 "God is so good and He will always come through"

HEY FAM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GRANDMA WOOD TOMORROW!!! WOOT WOOT #25YearsOld AMIRIGHT? Love you love you love you Grandma!! 

The remodel is looking SO good. I'm glad Grandpa Wood will be comfortable when he comes to visit hahaha I love him. 

This week was good! We had transfers.....so.....yeah. I'll be finishing my mission in Harlem because........I'm training a new missionary again! Her name is Sister Holmes! I picked her up YESTERDAY and she is just too wonderful. I super love her already. Dad, who was your trainer in Japan? What did you love about him? 

The theme of the last couple of weeks has been "I can do hard things." We had MLC this week in Scarsdale and that's what we talked about. It was all about accomplishing hard things through Jesus Christ. It was fun to reflect on all the times that dad has said that to me. IT'S SO TRUE. I thought about Nephi and how he NEVER complained against the Lord because he was asked to do something hard. Right after MLC, President Smith called me into his office and told me the Lord had called me to be a trainer and I literally just started to cry because the first thought that came to my mind was "Training is so hard though." HAHAHAHAHA President just smiled and said "Well Sister Bain, you can do hard things." hahaha it made me laugh because I pictured dad standing in front of me telling me that hahaha Mom and dad, thank you so much for teaching me and loving me enough to help me overcome hard things. I am so grateful for you!

Madeleine is doing well. She's still on date to be baptized on September 16th!! We are so excited for her. We taught the word of wisdom this week and at the end we said "Madeleine, will you live the word of wisdom?" and she looked at us and said "Ugh. Sisters! Why would you even ask me that? Do you think I wouldn't want to live that? OF COURSE I will live the word of wisdom". hahahahaha IF ONLY IT WAS THAT EASY TO TEACH EVERYONE IN HARLEM. We love our Madeleine. She's taught me so much about trusting in the Lord in ALL THINGS. She always says "Sister Bain. Quit your worrying. God is so good and He will always come through." I am so grateful for Madeleine and the love that she has the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that it's all true and I know that our Heavenly Father wants us- His children, to succeed. And that's why He gave us the gospel of Jesus Christ. #BLESSED. 

I am so grateful for this time that I have to be a missionary! It's the best full-time job anyone could have. I have loved every second, even the hard times, because I know that through Jesus Christ WE CAN DO HARD THINGS. And I know that in the end, we'll look back and realize that it wasn't really that hard. It could be a lot worse, but with Jesus Christ we can always overcome. I KNOW THAT THAT'S TRUE! 
I love you all and I know that you will be able to overcome hard things this week as you rely on the Lord and His love and grace.

Love always,
Sister Bain 🍍

Ps. Will you have Jacob read 2 Nephi 2:2 and email me what he liked about it. Please and thank you!

Cute Sister Brooklyn Holmes from Cedar Hills, UT! She is the sweetest ever. Also, when you see her in person...she looks exactly like Melissa Mitchell. (Ps.Tell Melissa I love her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment