Wednesday, September 27, 2017

2017 09/27 "CONFERENCE TIME IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dear home,
First of all, I am DYING because of Bryson and the bacon story. I love that boy. Oh my goodness. ALSO. Dean's home-teaching companion, Nikita, is engaged to my bff Ivis. Yay. I took the Emergen-C on my own and used my agency to do it THANK YOU VERY MUCH. As I was drinking it and gagging because it's awful, the spirit said "Remember when dad told you to warm it up?" It changed from being the most vile thing ever to Christmas in a cup. Thanks, dad. You're pretty smart! ❤😉

CONFERENCE TIME IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!!! 3 more sleeps, kids! I am SO excited. Wasn't the women's conference just the best???? Instead of explaining the thoughts in my head, here's a list of things I loved:

Sister Eubank:
- Distinct and different: in happy ways!
- Integrity is more valuable than visibility.
- Righteous does not mean being perfect
- Practice living the gospel before the emergency.
- "Sisters, will you be righteous?"

Sister Marriott:
- Priority sifting: Some things matter, some things don't. Some things last, some things won't.
- WHAT MATTERS MOST?
- Sacrifice your personal agenda
- Simple love, honestly expressed, brings hope and value to all of God's children 💗💗💗
- "Will you please give me a portion of your love so thst I can love her too?"

Sister Jones:
- I have value as an individual (YOU DO TOO)
- God created me with value and purpose. (YOU TOO)
- We have the capacity to become like God
- Why not me?
- Comparison is the thief of joy
- Let's not be confused about who we are

President Uchtdorf:
- Don't let others opinions bring you down
- You are not a victim (Be an agent for change! -President Smith)
- Don't let others control your feelings
- Remember who you are
- Don't surrender yoir happiness to others
- I am responsible for my own discipleship
- Let go of things you can't control

We went and watched conference at the Manhattan Temple chapel and all the women in the stake were there as well. It was interesting to see how nobody was paying attention when President Eyring and President Uchtdorf walked in. Nobody listened to the music. People were still talking even after it had started- chatting and catching up with friends. What's your focus when you watch conference? What's most important? YOU CAN CHAT WITH YOUR FRIENDS AFTER CONFERENCE OKAY. I love conference because it's a time for me to review my goals and revise them with the counsel the prophet gives. Have you written your conference questions down?? I hope so! Refocus and open your heart to the spirit. I know God talks to man on the earth. President Thomas S. Monson is our prophet today. 💗 How grateful I am for this time.
I love you!



Love always,
Sister Bain 🍍

Story time

Train ride Selfie

Note: We went to IHOP while Makail and Deena went to the Womon's Conference. Bryson loves bacon but ordered a waffle for dinner. Jacob's dinner came with bacon and he shared a bite with Bryson. Bryson took a bite of the bacon and apparently did not like the taste of it and proclaimed "Well that pig died in vain". 

No comments:

Post a Comment