Wednesday, September 13, 2017

2017 09/13 "Remember when I would throw a fit"

Remember when I would throw a fit when I had to drink that Emergen-C stuff? And I always threw an even bigger fit when dad told me to warm it up? 😂😂😂 Well, turns out dad was RIGHT and it's better warm 😂😂😂 but that's all I'm going to say about that 😂😂😂.

We didn't do anything special for 9/11 (Happy Birthday, Kyle!!!!!!!) But we were able to see the remembrance lights from downtown. It was so beautiful. The City definitely had a different vibe that day. 

This was the best week of my life because I love my companion, Harlem was nice to us 75% of the week, AND PRESIDENT NELSON CAME TO TOWN. Woot woot. He winked at me and told me I play beautifully on the piano so yay for that 👍Thanks for the piano lessons, mom. You're THE BEST 💗 So, basically I wish you all could have been here with me and my friend President Nelson because he is just too cool. We had the opportunity to hear from his wife as well at a women's conference and Madeleine was able to come with us!! 💕 President and Sister Nelson came, Elder Gong from the presidency of the 70 and his wife, Bishop Waddell the presiding bishop and his wife, and Elder and Sister Buckner from the 70 were there as well (they live in the Manhattan 1st Ward so I've been in a general authorities apartment before so 👍👍👍) Okay now that I'm done bragging.....😉😂

Here are some of my favorite quotes from this weekend:

️Sister Nelson--
Come to terms with things you cannot change
Move forward with total faith
You can't say "lead me, guide me" and then say "just kidding"
The world is a spook alley so ya better be careful kids!
So the church built Heber Valley Girls Camp. Yeah, the church loves the YW so much they bought them a mountain. So, there's that.
Premortally, you were awesome.
You have 16 million people praying for you. You are never alone in this work.

️President Nelson--
Tell your family "thanks" from Brother Nelson for supporting you & praying for you
Wow, it's like it's my birthday or something! Oh wait, it is my birthday! And there's nobody else I'd rather spend it with than you!
Repent and move on. Go forward with faith.

Another WONDERFUL part of this week was at the women's conference when I saw Sister McMullin and Sister Davis from DARIEN!!!!!!!! MY FAVORITE PLACE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!! ❤❤❤ They told me that Bridgette, our recent convert who was baptized when Sister Sam and I were there, blessed her baby in church on Sunday AND her non-member husband and parents were there!!! Sister McMullin's husband blessed him and Bridgette specifically asked Brother McMullin to bless him that he would serve a mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM LITERALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW JUST TYPING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 💖☀🤗😊👍💕💗💓😍😁😊☺🙄😋 I AM SO HAPPY. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I AM DYING 😊☺😍😁😋
Also, Madeleine is getting baptized this week and we are SO excited. She is just too wonderful. She tells us every day how grateful she is to be part of the "Mormon church of Harlem". She is the absolute best 😊

Well, that's about all from here. We're just living the life here in Harlem 🤗
I love you!


Love always,
Sister Bain 🍍


Madeleine, Sister Bain, & Sister Holmes

President & Sister Nelson with the NYNYN mission


No comments:

Post a Comment