Wednesday, October 25, 2017

2017 10/25 "WE FOUND ANOTHER FAMILY OF 7"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AUNT KIM (on Tuesday)!!! I love you so much and hope you have the best day EVER. Harlem is a good place to spend your birthday.....just sayin. 😁

This week was wonderful. It started with me getting access to Frances Bain's patriarchal blessing! SHE WAS IN THE NEW YORK NEW YORK STAKE WHEN SHE GOT HER PATRIARCHAL BLESSING. GUESS WHAT. I AM IN THE NEW YORK NEW YORK STAKE. What the WHAT. How cool is that?! And it's cool because she's called "Sister Bain" in her blessing There were also a lot of similarities between her blessing and mine! 😊 I'm excited to start being more diligent with family history and learning more about her!

So maybe you saw, maybe you didn't, but Elder Rasband was in Harlem again this Sunday! The Harlem branch was formed 20 years ago last weekend. 20 years ago while Elder Rasband was here as a mission president, he had a vision for what Harlem could become and created a branch. Elder Rasband is our Bishops mission president so he called Elder Rasband and told him about the celebration we were having. Turns out, a year ago, Elder Rasband was asked to preside at a stake conference in Jersey THE SAME WEEKEND AS THE HARLEM ANNIVERSARY. Divine design, or what?! 💕 I was lucky enough to be in Harlem the last time Elder Rasband came so it was so fun to see him again. (We're super good friends obviously because he remembered me 😭😁😊 "Wow, Sister Bain. You're still here in Harlem?" 😂 Yes. Yes I am. It's fine.) I loved being taught by the spirit

Another miracle. WE FOUND ANOTHER FAMILY OF 7 WHAT WHAT WHAT. The Lord is blessing us and being SO good to us! Aissatou is from West Africa and is a single mother of 6! We were able to teach her about the Book of Mormon and why it's so important 😍 We're meeting with her and her family tonight at 6:30 so pray for her and for us, okay? 😊 THANKS!

We did a service project this week for a Methodist church down the street. We decorated the medians for fall/Halloween and it was such a good time. I walked around Harlem in jeans so I hated that 😂 our members kept telling us it was weird to see us in "civilian clothes" 😂

I love this work and I know it's the Lord's.
Exact obedience brings miracles- like families of 7
I love my Savior and I know that He LIVES!!


Love always,
Sister Bain 🍍






No comments:

Post a Comment