Monday, May 1, 2017

2017 05/01 "Harlem YSA ward here I come"

H E L L O
I hope Cili had a fun birthday and that Bri has a wonderful day TODAY!!! Happy birthday, Bri!
I am so excited about dad's new calling! Talk about a busy schedule. Dad, the 5th Ward is so blessed to have you as their bishop. I was on my way to church when I received your email about this new assignment and I couldn't help but just sit in the 135th street subway station and cry. They weren't tears of sadness by any means, but tears of happiness! I am so excited to see all the blessings our family will receive from your service. And, I'm grateful that Aunt Michelle sent me your testimonies!! I listened to them last night and of course, sat there in tears once again-- no surprise. Thank you, mom and dad, for your love of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I wouldn't be in New York City wearing a black name tag without your example and testimonies. I love you and of course I'm ALWAYS praying for you. 

Today's letter is short. I need to go pack because I'm being transferred to the Harlem YSA ward! Sister Jacobsen is leaving as well and will be in the Manhattan 2nd and 3rd wards on the upper East side! I'm sad to leave this area and my companion. I've really come to love the people here. There are some CRAZY people here, but I really love it. And Harlem is just another adventure to add to the list. I'm super nervous to be in a YSA ward because I don't really know how to talk to people my own age hahaha but I know I have the Lord on my side and He'll give me help-- as always. 

Mom and dad- read 1 Nephi 7:17. I read that this morning and thought of you. It's the story of Nephi getting tied up by his punk brothers and while he's there Nephi asks the Lord for STRENGTH. He doesn't ask the Lord to take away his problems or rebuke his brothers or make all the bad things go away, but Nephi asks for strength to endure and to burst the bands which held him bound. I love that. I know that Heavenly Father will give us strength to endure and He will make the burdens light. I know that that's true. ❤❤❤

Also, last thing. This next transfer is a temple transfer so that means that p-day will be on WEDNESDAYS for the next 6 WEEKS ONLY. So, when you don't hear from me on Mondays, you'll hear from me on Wednesdays!! Sorry Sorryyyyyyyyyy. Don't forget, okay? Ps: fun fact, my birthday in at the end of this next transfer sooooo prepare to party πŸ˜ŽπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ

You get to hear from me again in 2 days! SURPRISE!! 

I'll write more on Wednesday.

I love you!!

Love always,
Sister Bain 🍍


Ps. YOU GUYS ARE TOO CUTE IN YOUR NY SHIRTS ❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment