Wednesday, May 31, 2017

2017 0530 - After my little tantrum...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST DAD IN THE ENTIRE WORLD (on Friday haha) I hope you have the best day ever, Dad. I sure love you 💕 It sounds like FHE went well 😂 I'm glad Bryson understands that swearing is the lack of verbal skills 😂 that made me laugh so hard. What would we do without Bryson? 😂 

Also, Happy (late) Memorial Day! I'm glad you all had a fun time. Memorial Day was a regular day for us. We actually forgot it was Memorial Day until 9:00 when we came home and our neighbors were having a BBQ and playing beer pong. But ANYWAY. 

This week was good! We had a lot to do. We get about 10 new members in our ward a week with all the interns and summer coming. So we spent a lot of time contacting all our new members and meeting with them! Ps. We went to Sister Stauffer's apartment last night and guess what. SHE WAS IN MAKAIL'S WARD AT UVU. Hahaha she also knows KC and said he's chill 😂 another sister we visited last night is related to the Anderl family who use to be in our stake. Small world. Anywayyyyyy. 

This week I was so tired- physically and spiritually. Something that I've struggled with this week is faith. (This story has a happy ending so don't panic.) There are things that I really desire as a missionary that I haven't really seen happen yet and there are things that I plead for each night. This week was the last straw as I was praying and praying and praying and I felt like I was being ignored by God. I was kneeling down next to my bed just sobbing because I was basically mad at God for not giving me what I wanted. After my little tantrum (😂) I got into bed questioning whether God really answered prayers. I knew He answered everyone else's prayers, but not mine. So I went the next day just pouting because I was mad (haha don't do that.) But here's the happy part. Yesterday we had interviews with President Smith. Interview days are the best days. I am so so grateful for President Smith. I expressed some of my frustrations to him and asked for his help. He gave me a lot of really good advice and counsel that I'm very grateful for. I told him that I was struggling with seeing God's hand in my life and it was sooooo annoying. I know He blesses me, I just didn't know HOW. President told me that when he came to the chapel that morning he intended on doing interviews in the chapel like he usually does. But when he sat down in the chapel he had the prompting to sit in the Young Women's room. He didn't know why, but he moved to the Young Women's room. As he knelt down to pray before his first interview, a voice came into his head that said "you are going to use the Young Women theme today." He prayed and asked for the guidance of the spirit to know who needed the Young Women theme that day. I'm sure you can guess, it was Sister Bain that needed the reminder that she's a daughter of God WHO LOVES HER. I just sat there crying because that was the first time in a couple of weeks that I recognized His love for ME. It was His hand that guided President Smith to sit in that room so that I could look at the Young Women theme that I had memorized and recited every week on Sundays. I was reminded of a couple of things yesterday. 1. GOD LOVES ME. He is aware of ME and He knows exactly what I need. And 2. God never abandons us. We are the ones that make everything about us and are prideful and WE turn our backs on HIM. So don't do that, okay? Lastly, I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to attend Young Women's. I realized yesterday just how much it has blessed my life. I was reminded of the basics. God IS our loving Heavenly Father. I know that AND I believe that. And I hope that you do too. I hope all the Young Women in the 5th ward really study the Young Women theme. It will bless them more than they know. Well since I'm crying now...

I hope you have a wonderful week full of miracles and tender mercies that help you feel God's love. This week I forgot those spiritual experiences that I've had in my life that showed me God's love so take the time to write down those miracles you see and show your gratitude for those tender mercies you're given. As we show our gratitude for those things, He will bless us with more.

I love you all so much and I am so grateful for you!!

Love always,
Sister Bain 🍍


Cough drop wrapper encouragement. I have a sore throat. Please give me the same sympathy you gave dad when he was sick 😂😂😂😂 

Halls - A pep talk in every drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment