Wednesday, May 3, 2017

2017 05/03 "...diligence brings miracles and incredible blessings"

Hi family!! 
I sure love you all. And miss you a whole bunch. A temple transfer means we get to go to the temple for pday....haha it changes our pday because the temple is closed on Mondays so we have a Wednesday pday until the middle of June so all the missionaries in our mission can attend the temple once!

I didn't really have a "I'll go where you want me to go" attitude this transfer. I REALLY wanted to stay one more in the Manhattan 1st Ward. And then, the other night while I was praying I said, "Heavenly Father, I will go anywhere but YSA" hahahha jokes on me. I'm in the Harlem YSA ward with the one and only SISTER KELLY as my companion and I love her to pieces. I've been blessed with some good companions. (THANK YOU, Heavenly Father) 😎 Harlem is a good place and I love it already, but man....I sure miss my Manhattan 1st. I LEARNED SO MUCH WHILE I WAS THERE. And I learned a lot from Sister Jacobsen too! I learned what true charity and love is and how we need to be patient with ourselves as we try our best to develop that. I learned that diligence brings miracles and incredible blessings. I learned that you have to have patience with ALL people-- especially the people that stop in the middle of the sidewalk and you run right into them hahaha that's happened way too many times. But I also learned a lot about prayer. The last 3 transfers have helped me feel God's love--His perfect and unchanging love. I KNOW THAT WHEN WE PRAY, OUR HEAVENLY FATHER IS LISTENING AND HE HELPS US KNOW THAT HE LOVES US. I know that as we plead with Him, He comforts us. Prayer is so special to me and I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to talk to my Father in Heaven whenever I want "Pray, He is there. Speak, He is listening" is a phrase that has become really important to me AND I KNOW THAT IT'S TRUE. 

I don't have much to report this week. I'm just super tired. Harlem is totally different world than South Man. 

I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week!!! 

Love always,
Sister Bain 🍍

"I don’t believe God wants His children to be fearful or dwell on the evils of the world. “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
--President Uchtdorf





New Companion: Sister Kelly

Saying Good bye.

Saying Good bye.

Sister Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment