Wednesday, May 10, 2017

2017 0510 "I'm a child of God. Of course I brought a white towel."

HEY AGAIN. HAPPY WEDNESDAY!! 🌻🌷🍃
This week was so good. I hope Uncle Kevin had a wonderful birthday. If I ever forget anyone's birthday, I AM SO SORRY. I really try super hard to remember everyone's happy day 💙

My legs are soooooooo tired. Oh, before I forget. So this Sunday is Mother's Day and I guess I'm supposed to call home or something? 😉 WHAT TIME WORKS BEST FOR YOU?? I know everyone's schedules are super crazy so just let me know when you're free 😀 I am so excited to Skype you!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ALSO. It would be super awesome if Kell and KC were at home with everyone so I don't have to call a thousand different people like at Christmas, ya know? Hahaha) ANYWAY. 

Harlem is ggggggggrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaaaattttttttt. So yeah. YSA is an interesting experience but it's growing on me. The members here are so cute and little Sister Bain is sooooooo awkward around people her own age hahaha so that's super cool. Honestly, I miss family wards because KIDS and NEWBORN BABIES. But YSA is fun because it's like teaching the gospel to my friends 😂 

We got to go to the temple with Stephanie, our recent convert. She was able to do baptisms for the dead for the first time!! She was soooooo happy. It was such a miracle that we were able to be there with her. She was going to go last Saturday but she thought she broke her toe...haha but she didn't. So we were able to go this last Saturday and we were in a hurry trying to schedule it with the temple and trying to find a priesthood holder to go with us and it was just crazy but within 10 minutes of calling the temple...everything was worked out and Stephanie made it to the temple!! We were 30 minutes behind schedule but it was such a blessing because Stephanie was able to tag along with a Spanish branch from Brooklyn-- Spanish is her first language AND she was being baptized for her grandma who only spoke Spanish. Sooooo it was the coolest miracle ever and I'm super grateful I could be there to see her be there ❤❤❤ The temple ran out of towels so she had a tiny little towel to wipe her face and when she was in the bathroom she said "Sister Bain, can you go into my locker and get my towel?" So I went and got it and it was a white towel 😂😂 I was like "Wow, you even brought a white towel!" And she said "I'm a child of God. Of course I brought a white towel." Same. Hahaha I was dying. (Maybe you had to be there.....?😂😂😂) so I really like it here and Sister Kelly is an angel. I super love her. 

We're going to the temple today!!! Blessed. 
I hope y'all have a fun week. I love you so much.
See you on Sunday peeps. #BainTrainForever 

Love always,

Sister Bain 🍍




Stephanie at the Temple


Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment